- Lian Shun is committed to protecting your privacy while providing you with the products and services that serve your needs. The operation of these products and services may require the collection and use of your personal information. This privacy statement explains how Lian Shun LEAF Limited (“Lian Shun” or “LEAF”) collects and uses your personal information by the LEAF software (“LEAF”) in those situations.This privacy statement only applies to LEAF and LEAF services and does not apply to other Lian Shun websites, products or services. Please read the following Privacy Statement to understand how Lian Shun uses any information collected from you through your use of LEAF.
- This Privacy Statement is current as of the “last updated” date set forth above. Lian Shun reserves the right to change this statement from time to time. By virtue of the Licensee’s continued use of the Software or Service, the Licensee agrees and accepts that once the updated terms of the Privacy Statement are released, the updated terms will effectively replace the original terms of the Privacy Statement.
- By installing or using the LEAF software, you acknowledge, agree and consent that your Personal Information (as defined below) will be handled as described in this Privacy Statement, which is incorporated by reference into the Software End User License and Services Agreement for Lian Shun LEAF (“EULA”).
- It is your responsibility to read and accept the terms of service and privacy policies for the websites you visit. Lian Shun is not responsible for the privacy practices of other entities, including websites whose advertisements may appear on LEAF. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by Lian Shun with your use of LEAF.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- What information Lian Shun collects or receives from you depends on how you use LEAF, which may include the following:
Your Personal Information
- “Personal Information” is information that you provide to Lian Shun which personally identifies you, such as your name, mobile number, IP address, e-mail and certain information regarding the Licensee’s use of the Software, internet browsing and surfing habits, or any other information which may be deemed personal information under applicable law. When you provide your Personal Information to Lian Shun using LEAF, Lian Shun receives and stores this information in order to respond to your using needs and requests. For example, we may use your Personal Information when providing you with customer technical support. You can choose not to provide your Personal Information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all the features in LEAF.
Information We Collect Automatically
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, upon your confirmation, we receive information from your mobile address book, which we use to allow other Licensees of the Software who has been added in your address book list to communicate with you. Like many communication software, LEAF supports the collection of your Personal Information, including but not limited to geographical location data through optional “plug-ins” and the use of other automated tools to allow other Licensees and you to share the Software and the Services. Though such information will typically be used in an aggregated way to improve our products and Services, some information we collect, may be used to offer you products and Services specifically based on your preferences and usage.
- In addition, our servers automatically recognize your IP address and other technical information about your mobile device. See the section below entitled “IP Address Information” for more information.
IP Address Information
- Each time you use LEAF, your wireless telecom services operator will provide our web server with your IP address, as well as other technical information about your mobile device. In addition, our servers may look up the IP address and other information about your mobile device so that Lian Shun can: 1) display specific or localized content and advertisements that may interest you based on the geographic location of handheld device, or 2) to enable certain features of LEAF. We do not combine your IP address or location information with personally identifiable information about you.
- One of the functions LEAF Smart Community, utilize your geographic location data. Your geographic location data will be stored in our web server for a short period and may be deleted from the server manually upon your request.
COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate Information
- Only applicable to Malaysia. Malaysia has started to ease up and allow opening of facilities for individuals that have completed two doses of vaccines + 14 days passed since the last dose. Uploading your vaccination digital certificate, with your consent, is to prove that you have done vaccination and LEAF shall allow you to perform booking on facilities. This is required by Malaysian government’s SOP.
HOW LEAF USES YOUR INFORMATION
- Lian Shun may use the information we collect about you for any of the following purposes:
- To better understand how users access and use our products and services, including LEAF, on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our products and services, and to respond to customer desires and preferences.
- To improve our products and services by providing personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers’ usage of our products and services.
- To communicate with you for other customer service, software verification or software upgrades. This may include location verification for products and services which may have limited geographical access, and the like.
- To offer you content, services, games or other products and services.
- To ask you to participate in surveys about products and services.
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising.
- To improve our products and services by providing language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers’ usage of our products and services.
- We may disclose information about you to third parties acting on our behalf or who are our subsidiaries or Affiliates. These third parties may assist Lian Shun with marketing, resolving service problems, and correcting errors related to the execution of Lian Shun’s products including LEAF. However, we do not give these third parties (other than our subsidiaries and Affiliates) an independent right to share or use your personal information. In addition, we may use your personal data for the purpose of sending you messages (whether by messaging within LEAF, email, SMS or other means) offering or advertising:
- our goods and services and the goods and services of our affiliate and subsidiary companies and joint venture partners, including instant messaging services, online media services, interactive entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, internet search services, location and mapping services, on-line advertising services and other social media, entertainment, e-commerce, information and communications software and services (“Internet Services”); and
- third party providers of Internet Services and goods and services relating to dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television and other entertainment, clothing and accessories, jewellery, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, home furnishings, and housewares, automobiles, transport and travel, banking, insurance and financial services, loyalty and reward programs and other goods and services that we think may be relevant to you.
- You will only receive such messages from us where you have subscribed to our (or the relevant third party’s) LEAF channel.
- If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
HOW AND WHEN LEAF SHARES INFORMATION
- Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as compatible with the purposes described above, and when we have your permission or as described in this section.
- We may share your information with our subsidiaries and Affiliates that we own or control but only if those entities are either subject to this Privacy Statement or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Statement.
Contractors and Agents
- As Lian Shun continues to develop our business, we might sell or buy online stores, subsidiaries, or other businesses. In such transactions, customer information generally would be one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy statement or policy (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
Protection of Lian Shun
Protection of Lian Shun
- We may retain any information collected from you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes as outlined in this Policy Statement unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Lian Shun is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- We work to protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide to Lian Shun through LEAF.
- Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
- Any information we collect will be securely processed, stored and archived in databases and backups that could reside outside of your jurisdiction.
- If you have any questions about the security of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INHERENT RISKS AND PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
- As with other mobile communication terminal software, LEAF could be used as a tool for harassment and breaches of security, including without limitation stalking or other criminal activities (collectively, “Risks”). In order to minimize the Risks, the Licensee may consider, without limitation, the following preventative measures:
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Lian Shun will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect and store is reliable, accurate, complete and current. You may also have the right to be given a copy of any Personal Information which Lian Shun holds concerning you (and for which we may charge a small fee to process) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data that is stored by us to be corrected and/or erased. You may exercise any such rights by emailing email@example.com. We will need you to provide us with sufficient information to establish your identity and to verify your access request and also to assist us in dealing with your request. Requests will be processed as soon as possible.
- Please note, however, that we do not have control over the personal information you provide to any websites that you visit. You will need to contact these websites directly to access or modify the personal information you provide to them.
VOLUNTARY PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- As mentioned above, you can always choose not to provide your Personal Information to Lian Shun, but that may prevent you from being able to use or take advantage of specific features of LEAF.
VOLUNTARY PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Lian Shun is especially concerned about the safety and protection of the Personal Information of minors collected and used online. Lian Shun does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 20. If you are under 20, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 20 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Lian Shun suggests that any persons under 20 years of age should use LEAF with supervision from their parents or guardians.
- Save as required by applicable law, Lian Shun will not use children’s Personal Information, nor will it disclose to any third party the recognizable information of children without prior approval of their parents or guardian. The parent or guardian may withdraw the consent they have previously made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent that children under the age of 20 have provided Lian Shun with their Personal Information, their parents or guardian may send a request to Lian Shun to review or request the deletion of his/her children’s Personal Information.
EULA, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to use LEAF, any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and the provision of the EULA, including without limitation applicable limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the taiwan
- If you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us by emailing email@example.com with a thorough description or your question or concern, and we will try to resolve it.
EXEMPTION OF LIABILITY
- Lian Shun, its Affiliates, employees, officers and agents shall not be liable for (i) any disclosure of your Personal Information as required by law or relevant governmental authority; (ii) any disclosure of your Personal Information as a result of your own actions or negligent acts (including without limitation the disclosure by you of your Personal Information to any websites, forums, or social networking sites); (iii) any consequence resulting from hackers, computer viruses or temporary closure of our services; or (v) any consequence resulting from Acts of God beyond Lian Shun’s control.
- If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org